If you haven’t yet seen it, here’s a video from Jordan Cote of Sooke knocking against his window to scare away a curious bear. It comes with a reminder to everyone to lock up their trash. It’s that time of year.
This video comes from Facebook’s publicly-given embed code, from Jordan Cote’s Facebook page.
You might remember Jordan Cote from last year, when he shared a video of himself kindly discouraging a family of bears from hanging out in his yard. See below, or the SPN article, Video goes viral after Sooke man politely asks a bear family to leave his yard.
Please take a minute to review this article from Wild Wise Sooke.
- The importance of properly storing garbage: be bear wise!
- Understanding (and avoiding) bear habituation, so no bears have to die
- Wild Wise Sooke: Bears out in Sooke, full force!
- Sooke man chases bear away from the safe side of the window (video)
- Increased bear sightings, what you need to know, and how to keep bears alive
- Bear sightings at Potholes, between parking lots 3 and 2
- How bears communicate (Video)
- A sure sign of spring for residents of Sooke is the return of bears.
- Bear in Area signs emerge from hibernation
- Bear conflicts are on the rise
This video comes from the provider’s publicly-given embed code. To view the video on CTV and to read the full account, click here.