The Capital Regional District (CRD) Arts Commission has approved a total of $77,500 in Project Grants to 18 not-for-profit arts organizations based throughout the capital region.
The grants support a range of cultural organizations and artistic disciplines. Four of the applicants had not previously applied to the program. An overview of all of the funded projects is attached. The Sooke Festival Society received $1,500 and the Sooke Philharmonic received $5,000.
- Campbell Bay Music Festival Society – Indigenous Arts Program
- India Canada Cultural Association of Victoria – Victoria India Mela
- Integrate Art Society – Feedback/Feedforward
- Pender Island Arts Society – Le Petit Salon
- Sing Your Joy – Tenth Anniversary Season
- Sooke Festival Society – Free Summer Concert
- Sooke Philharmonic Society – Community Concerts
- Veselka Ukrainian Dance Association – Ukrainian dance Performances
Saanich, Victoria, Oak Bay, Esquimalt, View Royal, Highlands, Metchosin, Sooke and the Southern Gulf Islands participate in the CRD Arts & Culture Support Service. More information: www.crd.bc.ca/arts.