The Sooke Program of the Arts (SPA) Committee will continue in principle until new terms of reference are adopted by the new Council (they will be determining the committees that are created and that continue sometime in the new year).
Until then, the work of SPA will continue.
Below are projects that have been discussed at numerous meetings and are in the process of being designed/completed.
- Memorial Bench and Memorial Sculpture Policy, Location: Whiffin Spit Park
- Spirit Bear Project, Location: Sooke Region Museum
- Transit Stops/Shelters, Locations: West Coast Road at Sooke Road, Sooke Road at Phillips Road and Sooke Road at Kaltasin Road
- Tourism Kiosk Project. The Committee is in the process of seeking quotes for the Notice Board to be able to display events happening in the District of Sooke.
- Crosswalk Project, Location: Sooke Road (CIBC) and the Roundabout
- Urban Trail System, Trail Logos and Images
The temporary continuation of the committee was granted with unanimous consent.
All present: Mayor Maja Tait and Councillors Tony St. Pierre, Brenda Parkinson, Megan McMath, Ebony Logins, Al Beddows, Jeff Bateman.
Also discussed at this Council meeting