The District of Sooke Council held a regular meeting on meeting, Monday, January 28, 2019.
Here are the RCMP statistics that appeared in the Correspondence section of the January 28 2019 Regular Council Meeting. In addition to the numbers, SPN Subscribers will be able to see detailed year-by-year comparison charts for the years from 2015 to 2018.
Overall, sexual assaults are almost double to their number in previous years, so either it’s happening more often or it’s being reported more often. Assault numbers are more or less staying the same. Break and Enters are up from last year 2017. Vehicle thefts are more or less the same as in previous years. Theft over $5,000 is up, and below $5,000 is down. Calls under the Mental Health Act have notably increased.
Mayor Maja Tait Acting Mayor Jeff Bateman, and Councillors Al Beddows, Ebony Logins, Megan McMath, Brenda Parkinson and Tony St-Pierre.
Also discussed at the January 28 meeting
- Sooke RCMP statistics for January, 2019
- One voice may have changed Council’s mind on a variance matter
- Sooke submits “non-concurrence” for second Freedom Mobility cell tower application
- Council approves memorial plaque for Cam Sullivan
- One single business (who the Gatewood Residential rezoning wasn’t about) has until the end of Feb to apply
- Council remuneration kicked down the timeline, again
- Sooke RCMP Report sees increases in sexual assaults and vandalism