Our Primary Health Care Services Working Group, chaired by Mayor Maja Tait, is hosting the Sooke Region Health Summit Saturday May 28 from 1:00-4:00 pm at Sooke Community Hall. Its theme is “Healthy Together: Community Conversations on our Assets, Action and Advocacy”. Our key note speaker is Dr Richard Stanwick, Island Health Chief Medical Officer. The concession stand will be hosted by Journey Middle School Band.
This public event is relevant to everyone from East Sooke to Port Renfrew. There will be four discussion tables where professionals will be present to participate to inform about available services. Through community involvement, we will all discuss issues of concern and try to find possible solutions to improving the health of community members in the region.
The four table discussions are:
- Healthy Food Accessibility,
- Special Populations,
- Medical Services and Infrastructures, and
- Social and Physical Activities
Please spread the word so that we can improve our health in our region together.
- For information, please refer to the District of Sooke website or contact Mayor Maja Tait: firstname.lastname@example.org
- District of Sooke – Health Summit website
- Sooke Region Health Summit 2016 on Facebook
- Sooke Region Health Summit 2016 Facebook EVENT
This is a chance to have your voice heard!