On July 29th, 2015, members of the Sooke RCMP entered into an investigation of Child Pornography. On July 30th one subject turned himself in at the Sooke Detachment in relation to this investigation.
A 52 year old Sooke male is presently charged with one count of possession of Child Pornography, contrary to section 163.1 of the Criminal code.
The male appeared before a judicial justice and was released on an undertaking with conditions. He is scheduled to make a first appearance in Provincial Court in Colwood on September 10th, 2015. His identity will not be released pending this first court appearance. This investigation is continuing.
Jeff McArthur, S/Sgt.
Sooke RCMP Detachment
The following information (links and resources) is provided by Sooke PocketNews and is completely independent from the release above. -Britt Santowski, SPN
Similar article on SPN
- Section 163.1 of the Criminal code
- RAINN – Rape Abuse & Incest National Network
- End Child Pornography
- Crimes against children – Interpol
Resources for victims
- RCMP Sooke Victim Services (250) 642-5241
- Sooke Crisis & Referral Centre, (250) 642-0215
- Sexual assault centre, Victoria (250) 383-3232
Resources for offenders
- Rehabilitation for sex offenders (Canadian Government article, no actual resources offered)
- FAQs on sex offender treatment
- Sex Offender Help
Please note comments are moderated.