You’ve seen the signs along the highway expecting construction delays between now and next spring, so we asked the province for more details. SPN has received the following statement from Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure, regarding the construction schedule at the Sooke River Road intersection:
“Preliminary construction work to improve the Sooke River Road intersection and make the walk to school in Sooke safer for students, parents and faculty started in late November, 2018.
“Currently, work is having minimal impacts on traffic flow. Starting on January 7, 2019, Drive BC will be providing updates on any minor disruptions.
“The ministry anticipates that delays lasting roughly 10 minutes can be expected starting in early 2019. These delays will occur Monday-to-Friday, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. but are subject to change. No construction stoppages are scheduled to occur on Highway 14 from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. or 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
“The ministry would like to remind drivers to obey posted construction speed limits and watch for traffic control personnel.”
- BC Hwy 14 to be widened and realigned with dividing barrier added
- Province launches southern Vancouver Island transportation strategy
- Improvements at Sooke and Sooke River Rd will impact traffic for remainder of January
- Sooke River Road intersection improvements, minor traffic delays begin in January
- Safer sidewalks, upgraded intersection coming to Sooke
- New rest area near Sombrio Beach opening over long weekend
- Highway 14’s future taking shape, Sooke River Road intersection on the horizon
- Sunday is last day to provide input on Highway 14 Corridor Improvements
- New bus pullouts now operational on Highway 14
- Open Letter: “Are you kidding me?” BCHwy14 open house disappoints
- Overview of improvements to Sooke Road: Ministry Open House
- Public invited to provide input on Highway 14 upgrades
- New crosswalks on Sooke Road
- Digging deep as the Sooke Road improvements continue
- Bus stop blunder: Six recently installed bus stop pads need replacing
- Sooke Road improvements update from the mayor
- Expect traffic delays with Highway 14 ongoing improvements
- Improvements on Sooke Rd to begin immediately
- Sooke mayor awaits provincial Hwy14 report, says staff are working on in-town improvements
- Intersection safety improvements coming to Hwy 14 at Parkland, Gillespie and Connie
- Sooke Chamber pushes for Highway 14 improvements
Note, this type of article will be available exclusively to subscribers starting in January, 2019. Join us in December and become a Charter member … and receive the Trial Rate for a full year. At most, you’ll pay $0.33/day.