Team Sooke/JdF is thrilled to announce that the Iraqi family of four they are sponsoring is scheduled to arrive in Sooke in early December.
The family is ready to come, and looking forward to joining in Sooke’s Christmas celebrations. They’ve been working on English, learning all they can about Canada, and are eager to get here and contribute to the community.
They were hard-working business owners in Iraq, and bring these skills to their new life in Canada.
The remaining big challenge is to find accommodation. They are ideal tenants—non-smoking and non-drinking. Team Sooke will sign the lease, pay rent and utilities at regular market rates, and ensure lease terms are met.
If you’d like more information or can help this family find a home, please call Howard Taylor at 250.642.0908.
- Sooke/Juan de Fuca sponsored Iraqi family has arrived
- Sponsored refugee family arrives in December, still need a place to call home
- Sponsorship team expects a family of four from Iraq to arrive shortly
- Local refugee sponsorship group achieves fundraising target
- Enjoy a taste of Iraq at the Sooke Fall Fair
- Team Sooke/JdF Refugee Sponsorship group seeks household items, wishlist
- Update on local refugee sponsorship
- Sooke group wanting to sponsor a refugee family asks for help
- Bus passes for refugees
- Program matching Syrian relief donations extended to Feb 29
- UPDATE on the Sooke/JdF effort to sponsor a refugee
- BC Government contributes to incoming refugees
- LETTER: Sooke sets out to help refugees through private sponsorship; here’s how you can help
- New provincial fund to help Syrian refugee settlement (Includes photos and latest Tweets from Sooke’s Rebecca Collard)