–Shawnigan Residents Association (SRA)
The judicial review of Ministry of Environment Permit PR-105809 allowing the dumping the 5,000,000 tons of contaminated soil in the upper Shawnigan watershed concluded this afternoon after 21 days. Justice Robert Sewell has made a commitment to the citizens of Shawnigan to expedite a ruling on the Shawnigan Residents Association stay application. The decision on the Judicial Review of the permit will follow.
The SRA would like to express their sincere appreciation to all those who attended the hearings and the thousands of individuals who have expressed their outrage over the issuance of this permit and who have supported our efforts to overturn this permit to date.
Please continue to monitor our website for future updates on the legal proceedings and fund raising as well as events planned for the Stebbings Road dumpsite. Your ongoing support matters. Thank you.
Resources brought to you by:[sam id=”14″ codes=”true”]
- Green MLA seeks answers as an engineer report finds no conflict of interest re contaminated soil at Shawnigan
- Minister Polak cancels contaminated soil permit, Shawnigan Lake
- Dumping toxic soil near Shawnigan Lake temporarily halted
- Plain English report of April 6 court events; Second Shawnigan Lake court ruling expected on Friday, April 15
- Cowichan watershed-protection community celebrates victory
- ICYMI: W5 probes contaminated soil dump uphill from Shawnigan Lake in “Trouble in Paradise”
- NDP critical of increasing carbon emissions under Clark’s leadership
- SRA update on the contaminated soil dumping happening near Shawnigan and Sooke water reserves
- Stand with Shawnigan on January 6, 2015
- CHEK News covers the nine arrests at Shawnigan Lake, on Tues Dec 22
- Hacktivist group Anonymous turns attention to Shawnigan Lake
- Andrew Weaver, MLA, calls for immediate stop to toxic soil dumped near Shawnigan/Sooke water reservoirs
- BC Gov designates Vancouver Island the provincial toxic dumping ground; Shawnigan Lake, Sooke Lake water reserves at risk