Tired of spending another Friday night at home, examining earwax or washing your hair? Want to step back in time and act like you’re 22 (or 43) again, go out on the town, dance like a fool, and hang with your friends?
For just one weekend, Sooke residents have a crazy opportunity to make like they’re from the big city and have a night out on the town, at an adult dance club (sort of). Too boot, there will be adult drinks, and a DJ.
This Friday night and Saturday night (April 11 and 12), Sooke is playing host to a first-of Cabaret show. If you haven’t heard and want to read about, you can do so here in an earlier article published in Sooke PocketNews.
But what we neglected to mention was the post-show party that was going to happen.
The short version of the facts are thus:
- Friday and Saturday night
- Doors for the Cabaret open at 8 p.m. (Cabaret tickets, $20)
- Post Cabaret Dance Club runs from 10:30 p.m. till closing (If you’re not inside already, it will only cost you a mere $5 to join the party after 10:30)
- The magic happens at the Sooke Community Hall
- Bring your ID, because they will be looking for it at the door
Our very big small-town advantage that — in all likelihood — you won’t be faced with a one-hour cab drive home. Odds are that the cabbie will get you home in less than 15 minutes.
So give your deep personal grooming the weekend off when a quick shower will do. Slip out of those sweats that you kid yourself into thinking look like Lulu Lemons (sic). Put on that sultry shade of green that makes your eyes pop just so, and hit the nightclub scene. For one magical weekend. In Sooke.