Here are the top 20 runners in this past weekend’s 2019 Sooke River 10K, with top honours going to Andrew Russell, with a time of 32:03. The fastest woman runner was Julia Tschanz who came in 14th overall with a time of 37:00.
The race took place on April 7, 2019. Full results are available online here.
- Andrew Russell, M35-39, 32:03
- Matthew Noseworthy, M20-24, 32:23
- Nick Walker, M35-39, 33:41
- Jonathan Behnke, M25-29, 34:12
- Robert Johnson, M35-39, 34:59
- Matthew Winkler, M30-34, 35:10
- Peterson Perrin M25-29, 3:34, 35:31
- Jackson Isnor, M16-19, 35:40
- Michael Angrove, M30-34, 35:46
- Felipe Edora, M50-54, 35:51
- Carson Witts, M25-29, 35:52
- Neil Holm, M50-54, 36:16
- Jerry Loeb, M45-49, 36:19
- Julia Tschanz, F30-34, 37:00
- Takeshi Barnes, M25-29, 37:17
- Jonathan Noel, M30-34, 37:29
- Mark Swannell, M45-49, 37:31
- Catrin Jones, F40-44, 37:37
- Nathan Kamell, M40-44, 38:15
- John Greaves, M45-49, 39:07
The top runner from Sooke was Jonathan Dvorak (in the M40-44 category) running with the Sooke Trail and Road Runners. Dvorak came in 23rd at 39:50. The fastest woman from Sooke was Pauline Nielsen, F50-54, who came in at 47:18 and was 93rd overall.
The following photos were taken by John Penner, a Sooke Photographer (see his banner ad below).