This is a living document, meaning that it can be updated and improved at any time.
Subscriber’s terms of reference
As of January 1, 2019, Sooke PocketNews is subscriber based. Articles will be available to all subscribers. Pages (traffic, weather, horoscopes, etc) will be freely available.
Subscribers agree to the following terms of reference:
- Subscribers have full access to all articles and pages on SPN.
- Subscribers are welcome to submit fundraisers for promotional consideration (GoFundMe’s, etc)
- Subscribers have full access to the Submit an Article page (non subscribers do not).
- Subscribers can add their contact information to the daily newsletter distribution list. You can opt out at any time.
- While you are welcome to share links, we ask that you do not copy and paste articles.
- Do not share your account access information (your username and password) with anyone.
- Subscribers are welcome to comment on articles that are open to comments.
SPN Advisory Committee
Subscribers who have concerns or issues with SPN can contact the SPN Advisory Committee, and arms-length group of business people in Sooke who assist with the development of policy at SPN. Members consist of:
- Diane Bernard, founder of Seaflora
- Lorna Danylchuk, founder of Your Perfect Gift
- Gwen Fisher, founder of Pure Elements
- Susan Jones, founder of WebMax
- Benjamin Kendrick, founder of Meanwhile in Sooke
Email advisors @ PocketNews .ca (remove the spaces) to reach the committee
We also ask that you familiarize yourself with the SPN Policies.