Again, good news from the Coast Fire Centre. Following is the latest report from Dorthe Jakobsen:
“The fire is now 70% contained with 80% guarded, crews worked to midnight last night and made great progress all day yesterday. We hope for an equally successful day today!
“Less resources are needed now and we have 5 helicopters today along with 6 water tenders and heavy equipment.
“This is a rank 1 fire, meaning that it is a smouldering ground or surface fire and the crews on the ground will now be pivotal in the suppression activities.
“Thanks to the community of Sooke and surrounding areas for making the BCWS crews so welcome here.”
Related (from newest to oldest)
- Final update, Tugwell Fire 100% contained
- Sunday progress report on the Tugwell Creek fire
- Out of danger, under control, the fire suppression work continues
- Update on Friday’s update on the Tugwell fire
- Effective Tugwell fire suppression efforts continue
- Tugwell fire now 50% contained
- Letter: Tugwell forest fire “inspires” call for clearcut ban, even on private land
- Tugwell fire now down to 84ha
- Tugwell fire, July 5: Still at 100ha, no danger to people or structures at this time
- Tugwell fire grows to 85ha
- Tugwell fire now 60ha and growing, 10% contained, still out of control
- UPDATED: Tugwell fire is 10ha in size, listed as “out of control”