W5 is airing a show on Atlantic salmon in BC waters. Very timely, considering the recent escape in Washington, and Sooke’s move to ban fish farming in ocean waters.
Watch the original video and read the original article here.
It airs today (Saturday, Oct 14) at 7pm on CTV.
- W5: Farm Troubles
- W5 investigates the battle over farmed Atlantic salmon on the B.C. coast
- Did you catch an Atlantic Salmon in Pacific waters?
- Sooke Council and BC Greens stand against ocean-based fish farms
- CRD Director requests open communication channel regarding fish farms in WA
- Washington won’t issue new Atlantic Salmon fish pens until review is complete
- Washington State urges anglers to go fish, catch escaped Atlantic Salmon in the Juan de Fuca Strait (VIDEO)
Since you’re here, we have a small favour to ask.
At 1.7 million page views over the past year, more people than ever are reading SPN. We had hoped advertising local services and events would sustain this service, but that has not come to pass. Advertising revenues are falling; status quo is unsustainable. Readers, please consider a small monthly donation. This can help secure the future of SPN. Business owners: Please consider an ad. More than massive local exposure, you will also be affiliated with an independent business that is 100% local, 99% paperless, and highly valued by the 98%. That’s priceless.
Thank you for your continued readership.
Or, you set the amount, one-time contribution.
Alternatively, click here to make a $10 donation using SPN PayPal.me. (You can change the donation amount on the landing page by clicking on the dollar amount.)