Have you ever wanted to get prepared but don’t know where to start? This book, researched and written by East Sooke resident Kim Fournier, is for you! This practical, easy-to-follow and comprehensive guide will show you how to protect your family and home from any type of disaster, giving you the peace of mind that comes with being prepared.
This action guide provides an all-hazards approach to help you prepare respond, and return home safely for any type of disaster – all in one convenient package! The author puts all the information you need at their fingertips – one plan for all types of disaster.
This is the only resource you will need to be fully prepared.
You will learn how to:
- communicate and reunite with your family after a disaster
- safely shelter and evacuate
- assemble items for your family’s essential needs
- prepare your home to prevent injury and minimize loss
- collect and sanitize water from alternate sources
- respond to disaster and return home safely
- and more!
The fact is, emergency preparedness is no longer an option, it’s a necessity. We must be prepared for the challenges of climate change and extreme weather events. Disasters are increasing in frequency and magnitude, with significant short- and long-term consequences for our health, our society, our economy, and the environment. On every continent, we have seen an array of increasingly frequent disasters, such as wildfires, earthquakes, hurricanes, power outages, tsunamis, heat waves, drought, flooding, disease outbreaks, and rising sea levels.
It is no longer a question of ‘if’, but ‘when”.
Preparedness decreases the impacts of disasters on our families and livelihoods, protecting our children today and giving them tools to manage the disasters they may experience in their lifetime. Looking back at the weather 50 yrs ago, we can only imagine what the next fifty years might look like. Are our children prepared for this? Let’s create a legacy of preparedness, self-sufficiency, resilience, and survival by starting to prepare our family now.
We cannot leave a better legacy than a family that is prepared for its future.
Buy the book!
- The book is available at the Barking Dog Studio, 2054 Otter Point Rd, Sooke, or
- Online from Amazon.
More Sooke Authored Books
- Visit the SPN Book Nook for more locally-authored books.
Since you’re here, we have a small favour to ask.
At 1.7 million page views over the past year, more people than ever are reading SPN. We had hoped advertising local services and events would sustain this service, but that has not come to pass. Advertising revenues continue to fall; status quo is unsustainable.
- Readers: Please consider a small monthly donation. This can help secure the future of SPN.
- Business owners: Please consider an ad. More than massive local exposure, you will also be affiliated with an independent business that is 100% local, 99% paperless, and highly valued by the 98%. That’s priceless.
Thank you for your continued readership.
Or, you set the amount, one-time contribution.
Alternatively, click here to make a $10 donation using SPN PayPal.me. (You can change the donation amount on the landing page by clicking on the dollar amount.)