Here’s a few tricks to enjoying your treats and have a wild wise Halloween!
1. Use the buddy system for trick or treating
2. Always make sure an adult is with you/knows where you are going
3. Have an adult check your candy before you eat it
4. Bring candy and pumpkins inside at night so wildlife can’t get into them
5. Be mindful that wild animals may not enjoy fireworks as much as we do
6. Bring a flashlight and carry a whistle with you
7. Have fun and be Wild Wise 🐻
Enjoy your night trick or treating and feel free to share your best wildlife related costumes on our Wild Wise Sooke Facebook page!
Sam Webb – Community Coordinator
Debbie Read-Urban Wildlife Conflict Specialist
- Wild Wise Sooke: Local bears need absence of human interference to successfully hibernate
- Wild Wise Sooke: The latest bear hotspots in Sooke (Oct 9, 2019)
- Wild Wise Sooke: Bears out in Sooke, full force!
- Wild Wise Sooke issues dire warning: clean up your trash or see more bear conflicts
- Preparing for hibernation season in bear country
- Preparation for hibernation puts bears on a massive calorie intake search
- Want fewer bears put down? Manage your garbage, pick your fruit!
- Increased bear sightings, what you need to know, and how to keep bears alive
- Bear sightings at Potholes, between parking lots 3 and 2
- Black bear wants some water play in Sunriver
- A sure sign of spring for residents of Sooke is the return of bears.
- Bear in Area signs emerge from hibernation
- Wild Wise Sooke presents falling numbers in Sooke
- Bear conflicts are on the rise
- Wild Wise Sooke reminds SUNRIVER residents to store garbage indoors and manage attractions
- Reminder from Wild Wise Sooke: Bears are emerging from the hills
- Be bear-wise in Sooke: Bear-proof your yard
- First bear destroyed, Wild Wise Sooke urges education
- Be Bear Wise: Wild Wise Sooke suggests spring cleaning, minimize attractants
- More cougar cautions for Sooke Potholes hiking area
Short term forecast for Sooke[wunderground location=”http://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:00000.2.71780″ numdays=”4″ measurement=”c” iconset=”Contemporary” layout=”table-vertical” hidedata=”search”]