–Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce
The Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce would like to congratulate all our finalists and winners from the 2016 Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce Business Excellence Awards held Saturday April 1st at the Prestige Oceanfront Resort.
Winners, in order of presentation, are:
- Professional Services Excellence sponsored by Shoppers Drug Mart, Sooke: Chamber Member, RBC Royal Bank Canada, Sooke Branch
- Retail and Services Excellence sponsored by Focus Driving School: West Coast Heeler Pack
- Manufacturing and Industry Excellence sponsored by Sooke PocketNews: Saltwest Naturals Inc.
- Dining and Hospitality Excellence sponsored by Star Mobile Aesthetics: Little Vienna Bakery Café & Marketplace
- Trades and Skilled Labour Excellence sponsored by Western Foods: Chamber Member, Westcom Plumbing and Heating
- Home-based Business Excellence sponsored by Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan: Fudge In A Round
- Not-For-Profit Organization Excellence sponsored by Sooke 2-for-1 Pizza: Chamber Member, Sooke Fine Arts Society
- President’s Award of Recognition sponsored by the Sooke Region Chamber of Commerce: Chamber Vice-President, Dr. Stephen Grundy
- Sustainability and Leadership Spark Award sponsored by Royal Roads University: Chamber Member, 4-M Bobcat & Trucking
- Community Spirit and Advocacy Spark Award sponsored by Dr. Chris Bryant, Inc.: Sooke Harbourside Lions
- New Business of the Year sponsored by The Stick in the Mud: 642 Wear
- Business of the Year sponsored by Telus: The Stick in the Mud
- People’s Choice (tied) sponsored by Butler Brothers and Westcom Plumbing and Heating: Stacey Scharff, Pemberton Holmes and Sooke 24 Hour Fitness
The evening brought together 160 of Sooke’s business community and friends to celebrate excellence in the region. The event was co-emceed by Chamber President Kerry Cavers and Chamber Director Linda Ferguson. Cavers made an inspiring speech at the beginning of the evening stating “We [Sooke Region businesses and non-profit organizations] need to recognize and play to win as if we are in it together – because we are. Your success does not detract from my success.”
Overall, the night was a huge success with many guests stating it was been the best awards night yet. The Chamber is proud to bring this event to the community each year to recognize all the amazing businesses, non-profit organizations and individuals doing great things for the region. The event would not be possible however without the generosity of all our sponsors, prize donors, Board of Directors, Aline Doiron and new to the group this year, Coastal Roots Event Planning.
“On behalf of the 2017 Board of Directors, thank you everyone for attending and continuing to support the Chamber and our business community. Together we can make Sooke prosperous for all” says Cavers.