The WorkLink Employment Society is pleased to announce the construction of a new office at 2096 Church Road in Sooke, BC. We anticipate the new office will be open to serve the public in December of 2020.
In the meantime, community members and employers may continue to access our free services at 6625 Sooke Road in Sooke during the following hours:
- Monday, Tuesday & Thursday 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Wednesday 11:00am – 6:00pm
- Friday Open to employers only by appointment
“We are delighted to announce the construction of our new Sooke office,” says Shirley Hoyer, Board Chair. “This new facility is poised to be the future home of a community services hub, which will see a collection of non-profit agencies working together to first identify, then provide, needed social services to Sooke and surrounding communities.
“Details related to a series of comprehensive community consultation sessions (to identify the future needs of community members) will be announced in the coming months. In addition to this hub, the new office will continue to provide community members with access to a full range of free employment services, referrals and programs.”
WorkLink has been providing government-sponsored employment services to the residents of the Western Communities since 1978. In 2008, our services expanded to include the communities of Sooke and surrounding areas including Jordan River and Port Renfrew. We are also pleased to provide aboriginal outreach services to the First Nations Communities of Becher Bay, T’Souke and Pacheedaht. Our non-profit organization is funded through both federal and provincial government initiatives. WorkLink is a registered charity in the Province of BC. We are governed by a volunteer Board of Directors chosen from leaders in the community. Since April 2012, WorkLink has delivered services as a WorkBC Employment Service Centre for the Province of BC. We currently offer these employment services from our Westshore and Sooke offices. In addition, we provide extended services to the community of Port Renfrew.
WorkLink Employment Society is a visible and dynamic member of the Westshore, Sooke and surrounding areas that:
- Promotes an awareness of the current world of work and the need for life-long career development
- Provides a supportive environment where members of the community can explore new choices and create positive solutions to their employment needs
- Recognizes the value of the unique contributions of employees
- Encourages the belief that everyone has the potential to achieve self-sufficiency
- Serves with honesty, respect and integrity