–Ellen Lewers, Sooke Fall Fair President 2016
It is getting very close to Sooke Fall Fair time and the catalogue is out—with many categories to entice you.
In the Needle craft Section, knitting and crochet is of particular interest with a wonderful selection of yarns from all over the world available to us in Sooke, as well as Knitting and Craft groups.
I’ve been working on a little teddy bear, the perfect size for a small hand, knit in one piece. It could be paired up with a small blanket to cover baby when in the car seat. Both of these projects are easy to knit.
As well, for the older youngster who likes knit or crochet, dolls clothes can be added, or, made as stand-alone items.
A small project isn’t so daunting and it’s surprising how much one can accomplish while waiting for appointments or at meetings, and it’s very good exercise for the hands and fingers.
Another idea for our Military, who could use a “bit of warmth,” is to create a handmade quilt. A lap or single size is perfect and shows how we appreciate their work.
This is just a quick look at what we have in store for you at this year’s Sooke Fall Fair.
For info on these projects, contact June at 250-642-2032.
- Sooke Fall Fair catalogue
- Sooke Fall Fair recognized for Community Engagement
- Cassidy Hull recognized for volunteer work at the Sooke Fall Fair
- Sooke Fall Fair: List of winners (named)
- VIDEO: Sooke Fall Fair winners
- Sunday at the Sooke Fall Fair (photos)
- LIVE: Sooke Fall Fair, September 9 and 10 2017
- Sooke’s hottest poultry (Sooke Fall Fair prize winner)
- Today at the Sooke Fall Fair
- Sound fishy? BC Premier will open this year’s Sooke Fall Fair
- Getting the Community Hall spruced up just in time for the Sooke Fall Fair (photos)
- Volunteers wanted for this year’s Sooke Fall Fair
- Pies, prizes and photos all at the Pie Sale and Market next weekend
- Sooke Fall Fair quilt winners are …
- The Sooke Fall Fair, resumes at 10 on Sunday; Photos
- This year’s Sooke Fall Fair in photos